Table of Contents
Change your component data via the Inspector panels for the selected object.Inspectors Quick Take
The Inspectors panel displays the active inspectors for the selected object.
For Shapes: * Shape Inspector - modify fill and stroke color, transparency, and width.
For Text: * Shape Inspector - modify the text box * Font Inspector - change fonts, size, highlight, underline, alignment.
For Components: * Component Inspector - change the component label
The Component Inspector activateswhen you select a component. Currently it lets you change the text associated with the component.
The Shape Inspector is active when you have selected a shape (e.g. rectangle, oval, etc.).
It allows changing the following properties on the shape:
The Line section of the Shape Inspector lets you change stroke properties on the border of the shape. These include:
- Color - the color of the border line. This uses the standard color selector to display available colors to choose.
- Transparency - the transparency of the border line
- Width - the width of the border line
- Dash Type - The type of border, which can be either solid, dotted, or dashed.
The Fill section of the Shape Inspector lets you change fill properties on the shape. These include:
- Color - this is the color used to fill the interior of the shape. This uses the standard color selector to display available colors to choose.
- Transparency - this is the transprency setting for the fill of the shape interior.
If you select a Text shape, then the Font Inspector becomes active.
- Font - this list contains all the available fonts on your machine.
- Size - This is the font size for the selected Text shape.
- Font Size Increase - this is a shortcut button for quickly increasing the font size by 1 point.
- Font Size Decrease - this is a shortcut button for quickly decreasing the font size by 1 point.
The following attributes are available if the selected font supports it.
- Bold - toggle bold on and off.
- Italic - toggle italic on and off.
- Underline - toggle underline on and off.
- Strikeout - toggle strikeout on and off.
- Highlight - toggle highlight on and off. Currently, we only support a yellow highlight color.
- Alignment - Left, Center, Right, or Justified alignment of text within the text box.
- Color - This selects the color of the text and uses the standard color picker.